Public Cloud Adoption Grows as Private Cloud Wanes
Enterprises hold firm on hybrid cloud strategy.
The percentage of enterprises that have a strategy to use multiple clouds grew to 85% (vs. 82% in 2016) with 58% planning on hybrid (vs. 55% in 2016). There was also an increase in the number of enterprises planning for multiple public clouds (up from 16% to 20%) and a concurrent decrease in those planning for multiple private clouds (down from 11% to 7%). The RightScale 2017 State of the Cloud Survey identified several key findings:
Hybrid cloud is the preferred enterprise strategy, but private cloud adoption fell.
• Private cloud adoption fell from 77 percent to 72 percent, also bringing hybrid cloud adoption down from 71% to 67% year-over-year.
• 85% of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy, up from 82 percent in 2016.
• 95% of organizations surveyed are running applications or experimenting with infrastructure-as-a-service.
Cloud users running applications in 4 clouds and experimenting with 4 more.
• Cloud users are already running applications in an average of 1.8 public clouds and 2.3 private clouds.
• They are experimenting with an additional 1.8 public clouds and 2.1 private clouds.
Companies run a majority of workloads in cloud.
• Respondents run 41% of workloads in public cloud and 38% in private cloud.
• Among enterprises, respondents run 32% of workloads in public cloud and 43% in private cloud.
Free Download: RightScale 2017 ANZ Cloud Report
Survey Results: How are you managing your oganisation's clouds?
Offis Multi-Cloud Services, the first Australian managed services provider to partner with RightScale, provides you with expert guidance to help architect, implement, and automate your cloud strategy. Leveraging the RightScale Cloud Management Platform, Offis consultants can help you optimise your existing cloud use across public, private, and hybrid clouds; architect your cloud environments; deploy cloud applications at scale using DevOps best practices; and automate the provisioning and management of cloud workloads.
RightScale 2017 ANZ State of the Cloud Report